Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Deaf West Theater: Deaf and Hearing Audiences Together

Many years ago, when I was a teacher at the New York School for the Deaf (Fanwood) just north of NYC, Ed Waterstreet came to the school as the artist in residence. I'm sure he doesn't remember me but I certainly remember him. I recall that he was a very impressive person, very open, warm, friendly and a true artist who shared his gifts with the students expertly. The theater company he founded, Deaf West reflects that openness by mounting productions that have Deaf and Hearing audiences sitting side by side....




If you're in the Los Angeles area, make sure you stop by and see a Deaf West show. Do it for me, who is here on the East Coast and then leave me a comment.

See you in the floodlights!
Cindy

No comments: